A little treat before we begin.
I really dislike to-do lists and new year’s resolutions, so I consciously avoid them. Especially when it comes to things that I enjoy doing in my free time, such as reading and watching films, I cannot and I don’t want to limit myself. When everything else in my everyday life is full of deadlines, time schedules and restrictions, I find considering pleasures as chores almost a barbaric way of thinking. So today, not having set any particular resolutions for 2016, I can reminisce this year light-heartedly, without worrying whether I “managed what I had to”, or not.
Since I really enjoyed last year’s post, I decided to keep the same format. The basic difference is that, this year, there are also photographs to enhance my 2016 highlights:
- The DOME, Experience «Traces» installation which I visited in March.
- My trip to florescent and always nostalgic Corfu, in May.
- My camping days at Kato Samiko, in August.
- My succeeding in my MA’s entrance exams, in September.
- Our trip to Sofia, in mid November.
- A job that, if nothing changes, will start soon.
I shall keep the same ending phrase as last year, since it still expresses how I feel: “I do have certain resolutions for the year to come but they can be summed up to this: create as many beautiful memories as possible.”
I wish you all a very, very happy 2017!